- Limit vs. No Limit Hold’em Betting – The main difference between the two is the betting, because in the former there is a fixed limit to how much you can bet per round and in the latter there is no limit other than the amount of money you have in chips.
- Omaha – This is a variation of Texas Hold’em and the main difference is that players are dealt 4 hole cards and need to use exactly two of their hole cards and exactly 3 of the 5 community cards to make up their Poker hands.Get a special Omaha bonus at Mansion casino
- Seven Card Stud – Players place an ante bet, and are each dealt two hole cards and one face-up card. The player with the lowest face-up card will place a ‘bring in’ bet. Then the betting continues and more cards are dealt to each player face-up. The seventh card is dealt face-down, bets are placed, and then the showdown happens. Whoever has the highest 5-card Poker hand from their 7 cards wins.
Poker Buy-in structures
- Cash Game Poker – This is one of the most exciting forms of online Poker because it’s fast-paced with immediate payouts. Each hand is considered an independent game, so you can come and go as you please. There is the smallest amount of variance and the biggest edge. More players are able to earn consistently playing cash games than tournaments.
- Multi Table Tournament Poker – This game setup requires a lot of staying power because it will be a while before you see the rewards for your efforts, unlike in the cash games. If you persevere and play with a solid Poker strategy, you can win big payouts well worth the wait. This type of Poker is tourney style and is played at multiple tables, against multiple players. Even though the variance is higher than in cash games, this can be overcome by playing high volumes.
- Sit and Go tournament – These are usually smaller tournaments that end within a generally predictable time frame and so they are a more convenient option for those who do not have the unlimited time a multi table tournament would require. Sit and go’s usually range from one table (taking in the 40-60 minute range) to 20 tables (about 2-3 hours) and offer a variance level somewhere in between cash games and multi table tournaments. Try sit and go’s at 888 poker
Live Casino Poker
Live tournaments are the pinnacle of the poker experience, every year there are hundreds of tournaments played in live casinos all over the world awarding prizes that reach the millions of dollars.
Online poker sites will often offer satellite tournaments that offer a ticket to a live even as the main prize , poker legend and WSOP main even winner turned a 3$ investment in such a satellite into a multimillion dollar payday.In South Africa the Emperors palace in Johannesburg will host a World Poker Tour.
Online Poker is a game that, once learned, gives players the opportunity to win huge amounts of money, not to mention have loads of fun. If you apply an optimal strategy, you can create positive EV and can start to win consistently. Learn how to play the game, then decide which version appeals to you the most. Also get a feel for the different game setups and see if you’re a cash game player or a tourney player.
The best way to figure this all out is to play at one of our recommended South African online casinos. Choose the best poker site, practice in free mode, and then switch to real money mode to win big!